Sixth Form Applications for September 2018
Why Beechen Cliff Sixth Form?
- A large Sixth Form of 400 students
- An unpretentiously academic Sixth Form offering a choice of 26 A Levels and EPQ
- Excellent academic results – over a quarter of students gaining AAB grades or better in the core academic A Levels
- A well-developed Oxbridge programme
- A high proportion of students gaining places at Oxbridge and Russell Group universities
- An unrivalled range of super-curricular, extra-curricular and leadership opportunities
- A strong tradition of sporting excellence, including the Bath Rugby AASE partnership programme
- An impressive careers and higher education programme
The Application Process for September 2018
The key dates for an application to the Sixth Form at Beechen Cliff are as follows:
October: Saturday 14th October Beechen Cliff Sixth Form Open Morning
December: Tuesday 19th December Deadline for Sixth Form Applications
January: Letters sent out inviting students to interview
February: Interviews – an informal opportunity for prospective students to talk about the intended subjects for study and for the school to find out more about the student
Late March: Letters sent out to all applicants with an offer (or otherwise) of places conditional on GCSE results
May: Invitation to Sixth Form Induction Days sent to students. Sixth Form Information Pack sent to parents
June: Tuesday 26th and Wednesday 27th June students attend a two-day Sixth Form Induction Programme including taster lessons on their chosen subjects
August: On GCSE results day, Thursday 23rd, post-GCSE advice is available for internal applicants. On Friday 24th external applicants arrive at Beechen Cliff with their results statement to receive confirmation of a place at Beechen Cliff Sixth Form.
If you have any questions at all concerning applications to The Sixth Form at Beechen Cliff, please contact:
Mrs Ingram, Sixth Form Pastoral Manager
Telephone: 01225 480466
Please note that information on this page should be read in conjunction with the full Admissions Policy. The minimum entry requirement onto the A Level programme is 5 GCSEs at Grade 6 including at least a Grade 4 in English Literature or Language and Mathematics. Students will also have to obtain at least a GCSE Grade 6 in the subject (or related subjects) of the chosen A Level subject – see Prospectus for more details.