Sixth Form Applications for September 2017 now closed
Beechen Cliff has now closed its applications to the Sixth Form for September 2017. There has been an extra-ordinary number of applications made to the school for places in our Lower Sixth next year.
Late applicants should now contact the school via the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Beechen Cliff Sixth Form?
- A large Sixth Form of 400 students
- An unpretentiously academic Sixth Form offering a choice of 26 A Levels and EPQ
- Excellent academic results – over a quarter of students gaining AAB grades or better in the core academic A Levels
- A well-developed Oxbridge programme
- A high proportion of students gaining places at Oxbridge and Russell Group universities
- An unrivalled range of super-curricular, extra-curricular and leadership opportunities
- A strong tradition of sporting excellence, including the Bath Rugby AASE partnership programme
- An impressive careers and higher education programme
The Application Process
The key dates for an application to the Sixth Form at Beechen Cliff is as follows:
October: Saturday 15th Beechen Cliff Sixth Form Open Morning
December: Friday 16th Deadline for Sixth Form Applications
January: Letters sent out inviting students to interview
February: Interviews – an informal opportunity for prospective students to talk about the intended subjects for study and for the school to find out more about the student
Late March: Letters sent out to all applicants with an offer (or otherwise) of places conditional on GCSE results
May: Invitation to Sixth Form Induction Days sent to students. Sixth Form Information Pack sent to parents
June: Tuesday 27th and Wednesday 28th students attend a two-day Sixth Form Induction Programme including taster lessons on their chosen subjects
August: On GCSE results day, Thursday 24th, post-GCSE advice is available for internal applicants. On Friday 25th external applicants arrive at Beechen Cliff with their results statement to receive confirmation of a place at Beechen Cliff Sixth Form.
If you have any questions at all concerning applications to The Sixth Form at Beechen Cliff, please contact:
Mrs Ingram, Sixth Form Pastoral Manager
Telephone: 01225 480466
Please note that information on this page should be read in conjunction with the full Admissions Policy. The minimum entry requirement onto the A Level programme is 5 GCSEs at Grade B/Grade 6 including at least a Grade C/Grade 4 in English Literature or Language and Mathematics. Students will also have to obtain at least a GCSE Grade B/Grade 6 in the subject (or related subjects) of the chosen A Level subject – see Prospectus for more details.