Why Choose Beechen Cliff Sixth Form?
- A large Sixth Form of over 400 students
- An unpretentiously academic Sixth Form offering a choice of 26 A Levels and EPQ
- Excellent academic results – nearly a quarter of students gaining AAB grades or better in the core academic A Levels
- A well-developed Oxbridge and Medicine programme
- A high proportion of students gaining places at Oxbridge and Russell Group universities
- An unrivalled range of super-curricular, extra-curricular and leadership opportunities
- A strong tradition of sporting excellence, including the Bath Rugby AASE partnership programme
- An impressive careers and higher education programme
The Application Process for September 2020
The key dates for an application to the Sixth Form at Beechen Cliff are as follows:
October: Saturday 12th October Beechen Cliff Sixth Form Open Morning
Our Open Morning takes place from 9am-1pm on 12th October 2019. For more information about the morning please see the related download at the bottom of this page.
When attending the Open Morning we encourage visitors to travel by public transport, where possible, or to follow the AA signs if travelling by car.
December: Friday 13th December Deadline for Sixth Form Applications
January: Letters sent out inviting students to interview
February: Interviews – an informal opportunity for prospective students to talk about the intended subjects for study and for the school to find out more about the student
Late March: Letters sent out to all applicants with an offer (or otherwise) of places conditional on GCSE results
May: Invitation to Sixth Form Induction Days sent to students. Sixth Form Information Pack sent to parents
June: Monday 22nd and Tuesday 23rd June students attend a two-day Sixth Form Induction Programme including taster lessons on their chosen subjects
August: On GCSE results day, Thursday 20th August, post-GCSE advice is available for internal applicants. On Friday 23rd external applicants arrive at Beechen Cliff with their results statement to receive confirmation of a place at Beechen Cliff Sixth Form.
If you have any questions at all concerning applications to The Sixth Form at Beechen Cliff, please contact:
Linda Dobie, Sixth Form Admissions Secretary
Telephone: 01225 480466
Please note that information on this page should be read in conjunction with the full Admissions Policy. The minimum entry requirement onto the A Level programme is 5 GCSEs at Grade 6 including at least a Grade 4 in English Literature or Language and Mathematics. Students will also have to obtain at least a GCSE Grade 6 in the subject (or related subjects) of the chosen A Level subject – see Prospectus for more details.